At Sparkles Kinder Kastle, we follow a unique blend of two of the methodologies, founded by the two pioneers in early childhood education - Maria Montessori & Glenn Doman which is the first of its kind in Hyderabad.
Montessori Method is named after Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator who broke barriers in the late 1800’s by passing out of a Medical college with Honors. In an era when there were no women in the technical sciences, she showed courage & excelled.
A montessori method is an integrated approach where diverse concepts are presented across the curriculum and in different ways as the child progresses through the grades. Children have repeated opportunities in different contexts and practice skills being learned. This approach also emphasizes the interconnectedness of different disciplines.
Primary Principles of Montessori Method
The Montessori method has been supported by many as an ideal learning environment for children from primary to elementary grade levels.
At Sparkles Kinder Kastle, we follow these core principles of Montessori curriculum:
1. Children deserve respect for their individuality. We respect their space & enable them rather than restrict them.
2. Children are inherently motivated towards learning and will do so if given the right resources and opportunities in the environment. We use different puzzles & words games to provide them with an opportunity to self-learn.
3. The first six years of a child's life are the most formative.
4. Teachers in the classroom are merely facilitators and observers of learning; children have the ability to direct their own learning without interference from anyone.
5. Mere memorizing of material does not nurture a child's individual skills and abilities. In fact, it inhibits or reduces them.
6. Our emphasis is placed on Early Childhood Development.
During this period, children are exposed to Montessori methods and practices that are continued well into the primary years of school. It is during this period that children's minds are the most absorbent to learning new information.
Glenn Doman was a renowned physical therapist and a pioneer in the field of child brain development. In 1955 he founded The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential (IAHP), a non-profit organization providing teaching programs and books designed to improve and accelerate the mental and physical development of normal as well as brain-damaged children.
Glenn Doman’s philosophy covers these core principles:
1. Every child born ever has genius potential. At Sparkles we believe in the same; Hence, we only try to enable our students by providing them with necessary tools.
2. Stimulation is the key to unlocking a child's potential. Stimulation by the way of providing them with the freedom to learn & explore is how we encourage our students at Sparkles.
3. Teaching should commence at birth. The first year of life is a critical phase. This is the time when the brain is growing explosively. The brain literally grows by use - and if we use it, we're going to grow it.
4. Younger the child, easier the learning process.
Before the age of five, a child can easily absorb tremendous amounts of information. If the child is younger than four its will be easier and more effective, before three even easier and much more effective, and before two the easiest and most effective of all.
5. Teaching and learning should be joyous. Our teachers at Sparkles are our student’s best friends!
Come visit us at Banjara Hills, Road No.86, MLA Colony, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034, schedule an appointment for a school tour today at 040-64647706, 9704299599
Miyapur Aliens Elite, J block, Prashant Nagar, Miyapur, Hyderabad, PH: 9959690005
Jubilee Hills Aparna Aura apartments, Road no 79, Jubilee hills, (behind HP petrol bunk), Shaikpet Nala, PH: 8978777105
Manikonda Aparna Westside, Lanco Hills Road, Manikonda, Hyderabad, PH: 9246583639